Finance Your Dream Home in Lake Havasu City Imagine buying your dream home. Connect with a lender to help you make it happen.
Our team of local financing experts are ready to guide you through the home buying process. We are committed to fast, professional, courteous, and personal service to help you understand and feel at ease throughout the home buying process. Our trained and certified loan originators specialize in financing homes in the Lake Havasu City area real estate market. We are prepared to find the right loan program with competitive rates and low down payments for you. If you planning on building a new construction home, check with your buyer’s agent/representative prior to making contact with a lender.
Common Financing Questions
What is the difference between Pre-Qualified and Pre-Approved?
- Pre-Qualification: a conversation between you and a lender to discuss estimates of your income, assets, debt, and credit score. From there, the lender can give you an idea of how much house you can afford.
- Pre-Approved: you will submit all necessary documentation like bank statements, W-2s, and pay stubs. The lender will also pull your credit. If approved, the lender will provide a Pre-Approval letter allowing you to confidently make an offer on your dream home!
What are the different types of loans?
- Conventional – minimum of 3% down payment
- Government-insured mortgages
- FHA – minimum of 3.5% down payment
- Freddie Mac
- Fannie Mae
- USDA – 0% down payment
- VA – 0% down payment
- Adjustable-rate – fluctuating interest rates that can go up or down with market conditions
- Fixed-rate – keep the same interest rate over the life of your loan
- Jumbo – for borrowers needing to take out more than the federal limit for a standard mortgage
Should I do a 15-year or 30-year mortgage?
- Monthly payments are often more affordable for 30-year mortgages. However, while the monthly payments are higher for a 15-year mortgage, the cost of the loan will be less in the long run.
10 Questions to Ask Your Lender
- What types of loans do you offer?
- Which type of mortgage is best for me?
- How much of a down payment will I need?
- Do I qualify for any down payment assistance programs?
- What will my interest and annual percentage rate be?
- What is the loan estimate?
- Do you handle the underwriting in-house?
- What is your average loan processing time?
- What other costs will I pay at closing?
- Will you sell my loan?
Use the financial calculators below to run some short scenarios ahead of your lender call.
Angie Strong NMLS# 1513609
Gateway Mortgage Group
17235 N 75th Ave, Suite D-135
Glendale, AZ 85308
Visit my website
Apply for a loan
Let me know how I can assist you with your Lake Havasu City mortgage needs. I am here to help!